English 3, Post 5, 'A photo and its story'

 Dear Earthlings from FCQF!

Write about a photograph you like.

Say:

Who took it
What it shows
When it was taken
Why you like it
Upload it too
Include any other information you'd like to mention.

Write at least 150 words.

Add comments to your teacher + 3 partners 

As usual, I leave you with a sample entry,


















This is the photo I chose that I really like. If you ask me I really do not know who took it, it probably was taken from a professional photographer, since it is a promotional image for the Japanese trio “Shonen Knife”. The photo basically shows the band image, which consisted of Naoko Yamano (vocalist, centre), Atsuko Yamano (Drummer, left) and Michie Nakatani (bassist, right) I do not know when the photo was taken, but, by judging the band appearance, it seems to be it was taken sometime around 1990.

 I really like this photo as I already told you, because this band is a blast, a really cool rock and roll band. It derives from the punk movement in the US, particularly, from the “Ramones”. By the way, these three women from Osaka used to be called the “Osaka Ramones”. Their fame came to the western world basically because it was one of Kurt Cobain’s (Nirvana’s singer-songwriter) favourite bands. He was the one that promoted a strong passion for this group. It is no secret that this photograph represents the essence of Shonen Knife, three strong-willed women that like to rock and roll on their own terms.

Cheers.


What about you?

Comments

  1. OMG, I´m obsessed with the style of these three empowered women. #Iloveit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like japanese music, I don't have a favorite band but right now I'm more attracted to chinese music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fantastic photo, I remember the band for the Powerpuff Girls song, is an amazing band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i didn't know this band and i really liked the song "top of the world".

    ReplyDelete
  5. The visual of photography reminded me of the film "Clockwork Orange"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, I am going to give myself the opportunity to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I never hear about this band.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know this band, but I looked for it and found it interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her hairstyles, I'll listen to her music.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like too many bands composed by women, I will listen to some of their songs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know them, but I like japanese music so I'll listen to them

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn’t know them. Maybe it’s cause I don’t listen Japanese music so much, but they look interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent photography! it does not seem from that time

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent photography! it does not seem from that time

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to listen to them to know how they sound, it makes me curious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 2, 'Why did I choose my major (study program)?'

English 3, Post 1, 'Who am I?'