English 3, Post 7, 'Choice of Two Topics (Choose one of the two)'

 Dear Earthlings from FCQF!

As the title so eloquently suggests, this time there is a choice that you will have to make, either 'a career-oriented website', or 'an expert person in your field of study'. 

Topic A: Tell us about a career-oriented website you enjoy visiting. 

Include this information:

·        Describe the website and provide the link.

·        How often do you visit it?

·        Explain why you like the site.

·        Who would you recommend it to?

Upload pictures (optional)


Topic BTell us about an expert/person in your field that you admire

Include this information:

·        Why do you admire this person?

·        What has this person done/contributed?

·        Provide a short biography of this person

       Upload pictures (optional)

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post

Word Count: 160 words


"This time it is not necessarily a career-oriented web site but a YouTube channel (which is in fact, a website for videos) and it is called ‘Wisecrack’. Particularly interesting material for this channel and that gives it all its funny flavour while learning is a funny man and this is ‘Thug Notes: Classic Literature, Original Gangster’, a black dude who provides a thorough analysis to every single literature classic masterpiece.

It is actually hilarious to see a book review/analysis is done with such professional treatment, though, under an extremely colloquial tone. It is as if someone exploits a 'seemingly uneducated' stereotype and puts it in an academic field. It is counter-intuitive, at first, to see how a fully-fledged expert provides such an insightful analysis in such an unusual fashion.

Since my major actually is on English Literature, it was a huge pleasure to see, for example, how ‘1984’ is deconstructed under a point of view that takes a dystopian character, at first sight, a human tragedy, and turns it into a hilarious review. I highly recommend this channel for you to have a good laugh". 

What about you?

Cheers.

Comments

  1. Oh! The YouTube channel looks quite interesting and eye-catching from how you describe it, I will take a look at it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Youtube too, I think it's a super useful website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will see the 1984 , it is very interesting and it would be great to see it from another point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like review about One Hundred Years of Solitude in Thug Notes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen 1984, but it's on my list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youtube is definitely one of the most useful websites. It's great for having fun and learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I read 1984! and the way you talk about the reviews of the channel sounds interesting, so I'm going to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YouTube has very interesting accounts :)

    (I’m sorry, I tried to post it yesterday but it gave me an error and forgot to try it later :()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , youtube is very usefull , has everything you are looking for
      PD : sorry for the delay

      Delete
  9. I want to learn more english to understand these interesting channels on YT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes being colloquial is more fun, but teaching colloquial is something more surprising ... that attracts me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. After reading this amazing post, I wonder why you don't create a channel on Youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Without youtube life would not be the same

    ReplyDelete
  13. youtube is the best platform and I think I have spent the most time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll look for the site on youtube :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 2, 'Why did I choose my major (study program)?'

English 3, Post 5, 'A photo and its story'

English 3, Post 1, 'Who am I?'